Here’s a recap of what occurred within the search boards at the moment, via the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and different search boards on the net.
Google says nobody can assure site visitors. Google Search doesn’t perceive content material inside HTML feedback. Google is testing modifications to the native panel on cell. Google might penalize those that use recipe structured information in recipe catalogs. Google is testing movies on the fitting facet of the search outcomes web page. Google additionally dropped the cache hyperlink.
Search Engine Roundtable Tales:
Google’s John Mueller: No One Can Guarantee Traffic
Google’s John Mueller had a pleasant one-liner once more on X; he mentioned, “No one can assure you site visitors, sorry.” This implies you may’t say making X modifications will end in Y site visitors for certain. You possibly can’t assure it he mentioned.
Google Search Does Not Understand Content Within HTML Comments
Google doesn’t learn or use the content material inside your HTML feedback for Google Search or rating functions. Google’s John Mueller confirmed this as soon as once more saying, “Googlebot does not perceive your HTML feedback.”
Google Testing New Local Business Profile Designs With Icons
It seems like Google is testing an replace to the Google Enterprise Profile design the place Google exhibits new icons and a barely up to date structure from the previous model. The brand new structure additionally appears…
Google May Penalize Recipe Collection Pages Using Recipe Structured Data
Danny Sullivan, Google’s Search Liaison, mentioned that Google might quickly goal or penalize recipe assortment pages utilizing recipe structured information, when recipe structured information needs to be used on pages that record out the meals merchandise and embody each components and steps.
Google Search Drops Cache Link From Search Results (How To See The Cache)
After a few months of testing, it appears Google has now eliminated the cache hyperlink from the search outcomes web page. I not see a hyperlink to the Google cache inside search end result snippets however that does not imply you can’t entry to cache, you may.
Google Tests Videos On Right Side Of Search Results Page, Again
Google is testing exhibiting video outcomes on the fitting facet of the search outcomes web page. Google examined this a number of years in the past, in a special format and now appears to be testing it once more in a extra primary video thumbnail format.
Filipino Googler Network – Tinikling Class
I believe it’s superior that Google has their cultural and regional teams and right here is one for the Filipino Googlers. These Googlers had a Tinikling class.
Different Nice Search Threads:
- 10+ Notes! Like I’ve said before, for right article covering the right topic, some users are more apt to add notes via the SERPs. You don’t see 10+ notes for an article often. And some of the notes have likes as well. But still weird that you have to *go , Glenn Gabe on X
- Hey, appreciate the thread and always concerns being voiced. Wanted to clarify something, though. Page Insights only appear if someone is actually on a page and requests to see them. They don’t automatically appe, Google SearchLiaison on X
- In case you missed it – finish setting up your Google Analytics 4 property before your connected Universal Analytics property is permanently deleted on Jul 1, 2024., Khushal Bherwani on X
- My 2024 Google GenAI Bets + Advice: 1. Google SGE isn’t going away. Expect this to roll out more widely. G will continue to test/integrate different features from what we see today. My worry: SEOs worried about SGE are staring at the tree vs. the forest, Britney Muller on X
- Queries that do not meet our privacy thresholds are aggregated in within the “other” search terms line. Search Terms Insights (on the Insights page) can be helpful to better understand the query themes/categories driving activity though. The category , AdsLiaison on X
- The advanced features for consent mode are optional and provide additional controls for businesses that want further customization. For example, opting to redact ads data when ads_data_redaction is set to true and ad, AdsLiaison on X
- There are hundreds of thousands of backlinks to these https://chat.openai.com/share/ URLs and content is not protected. @rustybrick We should continue reminding all webmasters that this is good practice to regularly review their websites security prac, Fabrice Canel on X
- These are two topics separated by a comma. Top Stories labels are automatically generated based on the main topics in a particular news cluster. In this case, it’s simply naming key topics in the cluster. For, Google SearchLiaison on X
Search Engine Land Tales:
Different Nice Search Tales:
Business & Enterprise
Hyperlinks & Content material Advertising and marketing
Native & Maps
Cellular & Voice
Have suggestions on this day by day recap; let me know on Twitter @rustybrick or @seroundtable, on Threads, Mastodon and Bluesky and you’ll comply with us on Facebook and on Google News and ensure to subscribe to the YouTube channel, Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts or simply contact us the old fashion way.